Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Novel Pt. 2

                    As I have said, I was a recent grad of an Ivy-League university. I was now in a cubicle furnished by my company as some sort of reward/punishment for devoting at least 70 hours a week to their cause, which was the business of making software for businesses. I did not hate my job nor did I love it. I liked it, which is I suppose the natural relationship of most professionals to their jobs.
                    Currently, I am on Youtube listening to K-pop, which had been enjoying its hey-day in the 2010s. The 2010s were an interesting decade in terms of cultural development. China's rising economic parity with the U.S. threatened to shake the foundations of the world economy in 2015, a full seven years after the 2008 economic collapse. With this transition into a world of two econ ...
                    Beautiful—BEAST. 
                    omies. Culturally, Korean popular culture took over the globe. Its dramas. Its film and cinema. Its food. But is this sounding too presumptuous?
                    The truth is that, it seems to me, history is cyclical. Like a wheel or the invention of the wheel that Ayn Rand enjoys using as support for her Objectivism. And of course we postmodern subjects would be remiss to deny the fact that the ancient Greeks had no conceptions of ideology, hegemony, intersectionality, feminism, and disability.
                    Or that the ancient Chinese were naive. Whether or not Confucianism made sense, it certainly was an attractive option for their civilization at that point in their history.  



No comments: