Saturday, May 12, 2012

I Propose

I propose 
          that all promises be kept.
                      My friend'd have
          a barbecue to celebrate his 
birthday each year in middle and
high school. I miss the parties —
full of sincerely empathic people.
Sometimes, skepticism is a disease,
infecting others and making them
questionably nervous. Sometimes, irony
and poke-fun humor, however light-
hearted, is bullshit. So
         say less.
                   Do more.
Save a life. Save yours.
     Love. Live. Have fun.
   Make mistakes and don't take
yourself too seriously.
      Admit when you're wrong and
move on.
      This is the truth.


But talk can't raise the dead.
You gotta countenance
      the pain.
Live it out. Live it through.
No excuses. No giving up.


GOD, I fail.
I fail so hard.
      And I'll fail more.


The truth will punch you
so hard in the gut you
won't breathe.


When you come up for air
it'll slap you so hard you'll
want to drown.


And the water will engulf
your lungs until all promises are kept.