There are Korean tourists fucking everywhere. No, I mean they are here, in Hoi An, and in Ho Chi Minh, Bangkok, Prague, and Berlin (although not copulating, at least not in public).
It's fine. I can usually spot them from a mile away as they walk slowly and wield selfie-sticks underneath designer hats, usually complaining about something or another.
I'm next to a couple right now and the man is like "Hurry up, we gotta go" in Korean. The lady is obviously a bit annoyed and doesn't want to move. He says it again. They go.
I've been doing a bit of thinking as to what this trip is about. What its purpose is. What I'm trying to see. Who I want to be.
I guess working in corporate for a few years has really shaped my values in good and bad ways. For one, it seemed like I was always chasing the next opportunity, whether it was a better job, better pay, or a better team dynamic. This is sad, but I think I was really vested in the idea that making a six-figure income was going to make me happy. It didn't. I was miserable in more ways than one, and I don't know why. I guess I felt a little isolated, because it seemed like no one else was really chasing the same dream.
No comments:
Post a Comment