Woke up at 6AM.
Did quiet time.
Read for helpers'/servants' meeting
Signed my parents into Mayer
Ate with my parents at Miran, a Korean BBQ place in Center City (2034 Chestnut)
Went to Best Buy--to buy a digital picture frame for my room
---------------------------------------
The more I hang with my parents, I realize how much I've grown up the past few years. Of course, there are still things that they do that remind me that I'm still a kid in their eyes, but I think I'm starting to occupy a "Junbae is mature" ontology in their minds.
The more I hang out with my parents, I realize how much patience I need in everyday life. It's hard talking to them about faith, partly because there's such a diversity of it in my family. My mom is Roman Catholic. My dad goes to church with my mom, but is practically a Buddhist. My sister is an atheist, which really means she worships reason, logic, rationality, and everything that non-theism espouses.
I'm taking them to church tomorrow.
It's hard, because I'm not a very open person about my faith. I'm actually introverted, although some people can't tell (Joy, my co-servant), because I can be loud when I'm passionate about something. I like speaking in public. But I'm sort of a shy person in large-group settings. I'm awkward, but all I really do is magnify this awkwardness in small-group settings so that I'm not that quiet in them.
I want to share my faith with them. I want to show them why I believe. Even if their hearts aren't changed immediately, I want them to know who I am. That's why I'm taking 'em to church tomorrow.
4 comments:
thank you for the shoutout john :D
i'm really glad i'm serving with you :)
press on brother
niceee :) what'd they think?
They really liked the service... and were really glad that I go to a church like GCC =)
Post a Comment